The US recently reopened its embassy in Somalia after 28 years, citing security improvements in the East African nation blighted by conflict for many years.
At least 14 people have been killed in a collapse at an illegal gold mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo, an official says.
Jihadists have attacked a military base where US soldiers train commandos in Somalia, causing casualties, reports say.
South Africa has apologised to Nigeria over a spate of xenophobic attacks which led to a spike in tensions between the two countries.
South Africans have disrupted a speech in Johannesburg by a veteran politician who was trying to quell tensions following a recent wave of deadly riots and xenophobic attacks.
South Africa has temporarily closed its diplomatic missions in Nigeria following reprisal attacks by Nigerians triggered by xenophobic violence in South Africa.
- Renault ousts chief executive Thierry Bolloré in 'coup' 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: EU gives go-ahead for 'more intense' talks 0 Comment Details
- Extinction Rebellion: PM labels protesters 'unco-operative crusties' 0 Comment Details
- No-deal Brexit would push UK debt to 50-year high, says think tank 0 Comment Details
- Unilever to cut plastic use to appeal to Gen Z 0 Comment Details
- Macron: EU Brexit deal decision 'at end of week' 0 Comment Details