Libya's Gen Khalifa Haftar, whose forces are fighting the UN-backed government in the capital Tripoli, has left talks in Moscow without signing a deal, according to media reports.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said troops have begun moving into Libya after parliament approved the move last week.
Suspected Islamist militants have killed 35 civilians, 31 of them women, in an attack on a military base and a town in Burkina Faso, officials say.
German-born evangelist Reinhard Bonnke, who attracted massive crowds in Africa during decades of preaching, is being mourned by millions of Christians across the continent
In our series of letters from African writers, Nigerian journalist and novelist Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani reports on the emotions that the topic of witchcraft stirs.
An Algerian court has sentenced two former prime ministers to long jail terms amid a huge corruption investigation.
- Labour leadership: Unite union deciding who to back 0 Comment Details
- Tesla overtakes Volkswagen as value hits $100bn 0 Comment Details
- John Bercow: Formal complaint lodged against former Commons Speaker 0 Comment Details
- Ted Baker investigation finds £58m phantom stock 0 Comment Details
- Boris Johnson urged to let Greggs workers keep bonus 0 Comment Details
- France agrees to delay new tax on tech giants 0 Comment Details