A Spanish court has called budget airline Ryanair's policy of charging a fee for hand luggage "excessive" after a passenger was fined for taking a carry-on bag without a special ticket.
The passenger was forced to pay a €20 (£17) fine to bring her 10kg luggage on board.
Ukraine has accused Russia of removing weapons and equipment - including toilets - from navy boats it returned after seizing them in the Black Sea.
The son of former German President Richard von Weizsäcker has been stabbed to death at a Berlin hospital.
A Maltese businessman has been arrested as part of the investigation into the murder of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia two years ago.
Europe is in danger of creating a "lost generation" of young refugees who have fled war and persecution in their countries, the EU's rights agency says.
Prosecutors in Sweden have dropped an investigation into a rape allegation made against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange in 2010.
A suspension bridge has collapsed over a river north of Toulouse in south-western France, killing a 15-year-old girl, with other people feared missing.
The International Criminal Court could open its first investigation into the British military following a BBC programme about alleged war crimes.
French police have evacuated about 1,600 migrants from two camps in northern Paris, in one of the biggest clearance operations in years.
A pilot on a plane has accidentally set off a hijack alarm and sparked a major security alert at Schiphol airport in the Dutch city of Amsterdam.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details