A group of teenagers entered a hospital in Naples and forced staff to drive an ambulance to a nearby neighbourhood to attend a boy suffering a minor knee sprain, Italian doctors say.
Croatia's presidential election has been won by centre-left challenger Zoran Milanovic, who defeated the nationalist incumbent.
The Moscow authorities have dumped artificial snow in the city centre for New Year festivities, as this is now the Russian capital's warmest December since 1886.
Austrian mountain rescuers have dubbed the survival of a man in his twenties a "Christmas miracle" after an avalanche buried him in snow for five hours.
Eighteen MPs were arrested by police as chaos broke out in Montenegro's parliament over a freedom of religion law that has sparked protests across the tiny Balkan republic.
A boat carrying migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan has sunk in Lake Van in eastern Turkey, with at least seven people dead, officials say.
A jailed Catalan separatist leader should have been given immunity to take up his seat in the European Parliament, the EU's top court has ruled.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has defended the pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine, calling for direct talks between them and the Kyiv government to help restore peace.
Italian prosecutors have accused Egyptian officials of deliberately trying to mislead the investigation into student Giulio Regeni's death.
An unemployed man who was living out of his car has been given life in jail by a German court for deliberately knocking down a cyclist in an attempt to get a prison sentence.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details