European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has said the EU is "all set" for trade talks with the UK and seeks a unique and unprecedented deal.
The leader of Germany's main governing party, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, is standing down and will not put herself forward to replace Angela Merkel as chancellor.
Seven Russian anarchists and anti-fascist activists have been handed lengthy jail terms on terror charges. A court in the city of Penza sentenced the men
The ousted German regional leader who was backed by the far right AfD stands to collect at least €93,000 ($102,000; £79,000) in salary and allowances for just one day in office.
Two people have been killed after a high-speed train derailed near the northern Italian city of Lodi, emergency services say.
Rescue efforts have been put on hold after two avalanches killed at least 39 people in eastern Turkey. Most of the dead were hit by an avalanche on Wednesday
The US has issued a security alert for its citizens visiting Spain in response to a rise in the number of reported sexual assaults across the country.
Twenty-six people have been killed and dozens more trapped after a second avalanche struck a mountainside in Turkey, officials say.
Italian police have handed out 162 fines in less than three hours to people ignoring a driving ban in Milan. The temporary ban started at 10:00 local time (09:00 GMT) and will last until the early evening in an attempt to curb the city's smog
Police have been searching the London hostel where the Streatham attacker is believed to have been living. Sudesh Amman, 20, was shot dead by police on Streatham High Road after stabbing people in what police called an Islamist-related
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details