Hundreds of firefighters have spent the day battling wildfires in a forested, mountainous area of central Portugal.
The French army is to create a "red team" of sci-fi writers to imagine possible future threats. A new report by the Defence Innovation Agency (DIA) said the visionaries
A 60-year-old man in eastern France says he was stunned to discover that a picture of his amputated leg had been used on cigarette packets without his consent.
Six months after a deadly dam collapse in Brazil, new evidence has emerged that suggests the disaster could have been prevented.
A Turkish court has acquitted two journalists and a human rights activist of terrorism charges. The three defendants had been accused of spreading terrorist propaganda
Germany's Ursula von der Leyen has been narrowly elected president of the EU Commission following a secret ballot among MEPs.
The woman nominated to head the EU Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has pledged to launch a "green deal for Europe" to curb climate change.
Anti-terrorism police in northern Italy have seized an air-to-air missile and other sophisticated weapons during raids on far-right extremist groups.
Nine people died on Sunday when a plane carrying them for a parachute jump crashed in northern Sweden soon after taking off.
Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt says there is a "small window" to save the Iran nuclear deal, as he launches a fresh bid to ease tensions in the Gulf.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details