Two more patients have tested positive for coronavirus in England, bringing the total number of UK cases to 15.
More than 60 people have been hurt, many of them riot police, in clashes with protesters on Lesbos and Chios over plans to build new migrant camps.
Two US students accused of murdering a police officer have appeared in court in Italy at the start of their trial. Mario Cerciello Rega, 35, was stabbed to death
A five-year-old law banning professionally assisted suicide has been rejected as unconstitutional by Germany's top court.
In an era of online ordering and borderless travel, Tino has had to revert to hand-delivering items across a checkpoint - within his own country. He parks beside the police cars blocking a road to Codogno,
The number of people confirmed as injured after a car ploughed into a carnival crowd in western Germany has risen to 52, police say. Eighteen of those hurt in Monday's incident are children.
Former French Prime Minister François Fillon is due in court for his role in a "fake jobs" scandal. He is accused of paying his Welsh wife Penelope hundreds of thousands of euros for work she allegedly never did when she was employed
A vast sandstorm from the Sahara has shrouded Spain's Canary Islands, disrupting travel plans for tourists flying in and out. Airport operator Aena cancelled, suspended or diverted all flights to and from the islands at the weekend,
Dozens of protesters in a Ukrainian town have attacked buses carrying evacuees from coronavirus-hit China. The evacuees were brought to a health spa in Novi Sanzhary,
Germany will deploy extra police to protect mosques, railway stations, airports and other sensitive sites because of a "very high" far-right threat following the Hanau killings, the interior minister says.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details