Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia suspends entry for pilgrims visiting holy sites
Saudi Arabia has temporarily halted the entry of pilgrims entering the country to visit holy sites, in an attempt to slow the spread of coronavirus.
Syria war: Strikes on Idlib 'target schools and hospitals'
At least 20 civilians, including nine children, were killed in Syrian army strikes in the Idlib region on Tuesday, a Syrian human rights monitor said.
Coronavirus: Iran denies cover-up as death toll rises to 12
Iran's deputy health minister has denied a claim of a cover-up over the new coronavirus disease, as the number of confirmed deaths there rose to 12. A parliamentarian for Qom, the city at the centre of Iran's Covid-19 outbreak,
Iran elections: Hardliners set to sweep parliamentary polls
Iranians are voting in elections in an exercise widely expected to result in a more hardline parliament loyal to the country's supreme leader.
Syria war: Turkish operation in Idlib ‘only a matter of time’
Turkey's president has said it is "only a matter of time" before it launches an operation to stop a Syrian army assault on opposition-held Idlib province.
Jerusalem: Jordan condemns Israeli Western Wall railway plan
Jordan has condemned a decision by Israel to advance a plan to build a railway line and station underneath the heart of Jerusalem's Old City.
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details