EasyJet has come top of the league for airlines trying to cut carbon emissions to tackle climate change.
A report suggests that by 2020 its emissions per passenger kilometre will be less than half that of some rivals.
The demonstration of a new US system to get astronauts into orbit is under way.
The SpaceX company has launched a capsule designed to carry people from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
New results suggest ageing brains can potentially be rejuvenated, at least in mice, according to researchers.
Very early-stage experiments indicate that drugs can be developed to stop or even reverse mental decline.
This year's £1m QE Engineering Prize has been won by four individuals who played key roles in developing GPS.
The Americans Brad Parkinson, James Spilker Jr, Hugo Fruehauf, and Richard Schwartz were all present at the London ceremony held to announce the honour.
Greenland has gone through an "unprecedented" period of ice loss within the last two decades.
The Grace satellites revealed a four-fold increase in mass being lost from Greenland's ice sheet from 2003-2013.
China says it has successfully landed a robotic spacecraft on the far side of the Moon, the first ever such attempt and landing.
At 10:26 Beijing time (02:26 GMT), the un-crewed Chang'e-4 probe touched down in the South Pole-Aitken Basin, state media said.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details