The rise in childhood obesity, which has left one in three children overweight, may be beginning to level off in the under-10s, a study suggests.
It found a steady rise in the proportion of overweight children
US scientists are asking the public to join them in their quest to mine the Earth's soil for compounds that could be turned into vital new drugs.
Spurred on by the recent discovery of a potential new antibiotic in soil, the Rockefeller University team want to check dirt from every country in the world.
They have already begun analysing samples from beaches, forests and deserts across five continents.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details