There is mounting evidence the food on your plate can alter cancer's growth and spread, say Cambridge scientists.
Animal research, published in the journal Nature, showed breast tumours struggled without the dietary nutrient asparagine.
Women with severe pre-eclampsia should have their blood pressure closely monitored for a year after giving birth because high blood pressure can remain undetected, a new study suggests.
It found high blood pressure "often goes unnoticed because women may have normal blood pressure readings"
Scientists in Japan and Australia have developed a blood test that can detect the build-up of toxic proteins linked to Alzheimer's disease.
The work, published in the journal Nature, is an important step towards a blood test for dementia.
LaVonne Moore has Alzheimer's disease, but her doctors hope her dementia symptoms could possibly be kept in check by a new type of treatment.
Electric wires implanted deep in her brain stimulate areas involved with decision-making and problem-solving.
Scientists have used a device that fits in the palm of the hand to sequence the human genome.
They say the feat, detailed in the journal Nature Biotechnology, opens up exciting possibilities for using genetics in routine medicine.
The Royal Society for Public Health is calling for change in alcoholic drinks labelling, citing a public "awareness vacuum" on how alcohol affects health.
The society wants it to be mandatory to include the government's guideline to drink
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details