A new way of identifying a common condition that causes the heart to beat irregularly may have been discovered by artificial intelligence.
Atrial fibrillation affects one million people in the UK and increases the risk of stroke and long-term heart
Alcohol-related brain damage, a condition similar to dementia, is poorly understood and often missed by health professionals, a study by charity Alcohol Change UK says.
And patients struggling with the "double stigma" of brain impairment and alcohol addiction
Tickling the ear with a small electric current could rebalance the nervous system in over-55s and help them age more healthily, research suggests.
Stimulation of the vagus nerve, which connects to the heart, lungs and gut, led to improvements in body,
Malaria parasites resistant to key drugs have spread rapidly in South East Asia, researchers from the UK and Thailand say.
The parasites have moved from Cambodia to Laos, Thailand and Vietnam,
The government is pledging to end smoking in England by 2030 as part of a range of measures to tackle the causes of preventable ill health.
Promoting physical activity, developing guidelines on sleep and targeting those at risk of
Countries must work together to tackle global health risks, England's outgoing chief medical officer has said.
In her final annual report, Prof Dame Sally Davies said focusing on domestic issues could risk failing to control global threats such as Ebola.
Stay Connected with
- Boris Johnson accuser loses appeal to take '£350m claim' to Supreme Court 0 Comment Details
- German economy slips back into negative growth 0 Comment Details
- Argentine markets and peso plunge after shock vote 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Ministers expect no-deal challenge next month 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Corbyn seeks clarity on 'unconstitutional' election-time no-deal 0 Comment Details
- Goldman bosses charged in Malaysia bond scandal 0 Comment Details