Plans to transform mental health services in England will fail if the rise in unfilled NHS psychiatrist posts continues, the profession is warning.
The number of vacancies has doubled in six years - and is particularly marked in children's services,
A controversial study says cutting down on sausages, mince, steak and all other forms of red or processed meat is a waste of time for most people.
The report - which disagrees with most major organisations on the planet - says the evidence is weak and
Women who suffer heart attacks are dying needlessly because they fail to recognise their symptoms and receive poorer care than men, says a British Heart Foundation report.
Over 10 years, more than 8,000 women in England and Wales died unnecessarily after a heart attack, it
Particles of black carbon - or soot - can cross the placenta, a study has found.
The Nature Communications research is the first direct evidence the particles can get into the part of the placenta that feeds the developing fetus.
A drug used to treat enlarged prostates may be a powerful medicine against Parkinson's disease, according to an international team of scientists.
Terazosin helps ease benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) by relaxing the muscles of the bladder and prostate.
Hundreds of thousands of people in England are getting hooked on prescription drugs, health chiefs fear.
A Public Health England review looked at the use of strong painkillers, antidepressants and sleeping tablets -
Stay Connected with
- Renault ousts chief executive Thierry Bolloré in 'coup' 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: EU gives go-ahead for 'more intense' talks 0 Comment Details
- Extinction Rebellion: PM labels protesters 'unco-operative crusties' 0 Comment Details
- No-deal Brexit would push UK debt to 50-year high, says think tank 0 Comment Details
- Unilever to cut plastic use to appeal to Gen Z 0 Comment Details
- Macron: EU Brexit deal decision 'at end of week' 0 Comment Details