The head of the UK's unions has warned Boris Johnson she will "get to hear" what goes on in post-Brexit trade talks with the EU, even if the prime minister tries to withhold details from her.
TUC general secretary Frances O'Grady said European leaders were open with their unions, who passed information on and kept her "well plugged in".
The UK has warned the EU it will walk away from trade talks in June unless there is a "broad outline" of a deal.
Michael Gove told MPs the UK wanted to strike a "comprehensive free trade agreement" in 10 months.
The new chancellor must raise taxes in his first Budget or break the government's rules on borrowing, a leading economic think tank has warned.
Rishi Sunak is under pressure to increase spending on the NHS, social care and schools.
Ministers from the EU have approved their mandate for post-Brexit trade talks with the UK.
The document - approved by the EU General Affairs Council on Tuesday - will be the basis for the negotiations, to be carried out by Michel Barnier.
Media reports that Home Secretary Priti Patel is distrusted by intelligence chiefs and bullied her staff have been dismissed as "false" by the government.
Officials have denied that MI5 held back information from Ms Patel, following allegations that officials lacked confidence in her abilities.
Households in England face further council tax rises from April, according to research.
The County Councils Network said the majority of councils that run social care services would be
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details