EU citizens will not automatically be deported if they fail to sign up to the settled status scheme by the 2021 deadline, Downing Street has said.
The confirmation comes after European Parliament Brexit co-ordinator Guy Verhofstadt said
Boris Johnson has said the Iran nuclear deal should be replaced with a "Trump deal".
The prime minister said he recognised US concerns the 2015 deal was "flawed", but there had
Emily Thornberry will join four other candidates on the ballot to become the next Labour leader, after winning the support of enough MPs and MEPs.
The shadow foreign secretary passed the threshold of 22 backers less than 10 minutes before
UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has said he recognises the threat Iran poses in the Middle East and the US's "right to self-defence", after talks with his counterpart in Washington.
His meeting with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo comes less than a day after Iran fired
The UK and the EU will remain the "best of friends" but they will "not be as close as before" after Brexit, the new European Commission president says.
Speaking ahead of talks with the PM, Ursula von der Leyen warned it would be "impossible" to
MPs will resume scrutiny of the legislation needed to implement the prime minister's Brexit deal later.
Boris Johnson's election victory means the Withdrawal Agreement Bill is set to get through
Stay Connected with
- Brexit: There will be no automatic deportation for EU citizens - No 10 0 Comment Details
- CAA: Microsoft boss calls India's new citizenship law 'sad' 0 Comment Details
- Boris Johnson: Replace Iran nuclear plan with 'Trump deal', says PM 0 Comment Details
- Flybe boss 'focused' on turning airline around 0 Comment Details
- Labour leadership: Five candidates through as nominations close 0 Comment Details
- M&S sales squeezed as men shun skinny trousers 0 Comment Details