Police in the northern Mexican state of Coahuila are searching for dozens of gunmen who attacked the city hall in the town of Villa Unión on Saturday.
Uruguay's presidential election is too close to call, the South American country's electoral court says.
Bolivia's interim president has asked Congress to approve new elections as violence rages following the resignation of Evo Morales.
Chile's President Sebastián Piñera has acknowledged that the police committed "abuses" when dealing with protests which have been rocking the country for the past month.
Bolivian officials have flown basic provisions into the capital, La Paz, amid reports of food and fuel shortages.
The mayor of a small town in Bolivia has been attacked by opposition protesters who dragged her through the streets barefoot, covered her in red paint and forcibly cut her hair.
A 50 kilometre-long (31 mile) wildfire is advancing across Brazil's Pantanal wetlands. The governor's office in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul said the fire
Chilean President Sebastián Piñera has pulled out of hosting a major United Nations climate change conference as anti-government protests continue.
Bolivian President Evo Morales has been declared the winner of Sunday's election, despite disputed results that have sparked riots and claims of fraud.
Stay Connected with
- US threatens tax on champagne and French cheese 0 Comment Details
- General election 2019: Boris Johnson launching Welsh manifesto 0 Comment Details
- Frozen 2 rakes in $350 million worldwide on box office debut 0 Comment Details
- General election 2019: Brexit Party pledges 'political revolution' 0 Comment Details
- Victoria's Secret cancels fashion show amid ratings drop 0 Comment Details
- General election 2019: Labour launches 'radical' manifesto 0 Comment Details