Hundreds of protesters have flooded the streets of Mexico City demanding justice for two teenage girls who were allegedly raped by police officers.
Mexican police have found the bodies of nine people hanging from a bridge and seven more corpses hacked up and dumped on the road.
There have been violent clashes between police and protesters demanding the resignation of President Juan Orlando Hernández in Honduras.
A drug dealer in Brazil was caught trying to escape from the jail where he was locked up by disguising himself as his 19-year-old daughter.
The head of Brazil's National Space Research Institute says he will be sacked after a public row with President Jair Bolsonaro over the scale of deforestation in the Amazon.
Conditions at a prison in Brazil where 57 inmates were killed in fighting on Monday have been described as "terrible" in an official report.
Police investigating rape allegations against Brazilian football player Neymar say they have closed the case. The São Paulo attorney general's office said the case
Heavily armed gold miners have invaded a remote indigenous reserve in northern Brazil and stabbed to death one of its leaders, officials say.
Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales has filed an appeal against a court ruling blocking a deal to reduce the number of asylum seekers reaching the US border.
Venezuela has been hit by another massive power cut with the capital, Caracas, among the areas affected. Power was slowly being restored after the blackout reportedly
Stay Connected with
- Boris Johnson accuser loses appeal to take '£350m claim' to Supreme Court 0 Comment Details
- German economy slips back into negative growth 0 Comment Details
- Argentine markets and peso plunge after shock vote 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Ministers expect no-deal challenge next month 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Corbyn seeks clarity on 'unconstitutional' election-time no-deal 0 Comment Details
- Goldman bosses charged in Malaysia bond scandal 0 Comment Details