A group of vulnerable Cuban migrants have been flown by the Costa Rican authorities to a Mexican border town, from where they are expected to enter the US.
A recent applicant for a job as a correction officer at New York City jails had several friends who were gang members. Another had been arrested four times and had been fired from a job as a security guard for stealing from the business he was supposedly guarding.
Department of Investigation finds that 10 of 150 guards had more than one arrest. Nearly half of the hires indicated problems during psych exams. One officer admitted having close ties with gang member.
A city probe questioned whether more than 50 recently hired correction officers at Rikers Island are suitable for the job.
Stay Connected with
- Boris Johnson accuser loses appeal to take '£350m claim' to Supreme Court 0 Comment Details
- German economy slips back into negative growth 0 Comment Details
- Argentine markets and peso plunge after shock vote 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Ministers expect no-deal challenge next month 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Corbyn seeks clarity on 'unconstitutional' election-time no-deal 0 Comment Details
- Goldman bosses charged in Malaysia bond scandal 0 Comment Details