A group of vulnerable Cuban migrants have been flown by the Costa Rican authorities to a Mexican border town, from where they are expected to enter the US.
A recent applicant for a job as a correction officer at New York City jails had several friends who were gang members. Another had been arrested four times and had been fired from a job as a security guard for stealing from the business he was supposedly guarding.
Department of Investigation finds that 10 of 150 guards had more than one arrest. Nearly half of the hires indicated problems during psych exams. One officer admitted having close ties with gang member.
A city probe questioned whether more than 50 recently hired correction officers at Rikers Island are suitable for the job.
Stay Connected with
- Renault ousts chief executive Thierry Bolloré in 'coup' 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: EU gives go-ahead for 'more intense' talks 0 Comment Details
- Extinction Rebellion: PM labels protesters 'unco-operative crusties' 0 Comment Details
- No-deal Brexit would push UK debt to 50-year high, says think tank 0 Comment Details
- Unilever to cut plastic use to appeal to Gen Z 0 Comment Details
- Macron: EU Brexit deal decision 'at end of week' 0 Comment Details