Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis
Stock markets across the globe are suffering their worst week since the global financial crisis of 2008 as fears over the impact of the coronavirus continue to grip investors.
Markets in Europe fell sharply on Friday, with London's FTSE 100 index sinking more than 3%.
Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case
Controversial plans for a third runway at Heathrow Airport have been thrown into doubt after a court ruling.
The government's decision to allow the expansion was unlawful because it did not take climate
Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row
Stocks around the world have fallen for a fifth day amid growing concern about the coronavirus outbreak.
In London, the FTSE 100 index fell 1.1% in early trading, mirroring similar falls on other European
Manchester United's revenue falls by nearly 12%
Manchester United's revenue fell by nearly 12% in the six months to December, largely because of the club's absence from the Champions League.
Broadcasting revenue fell by 33.4% over the period, although commercial revenue rose by 6.5% and matchday revenue remained largely the same.
Stock markets tumble amid coronavirus fears
Global stock markets have sunk as investors worry about the potential impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
The UK's FTSE 100 share index fell more than 3%, while in Italy, which has seen Europe's worst outbreak of the virus, Milan's stock market plunged 4.5%.
Barclays scraps 'Big Brother' staff tracking system
Barclays has scrapped a system that tracked the time employees spent at their desks and sent warnings to those spending too long on breaks.
The bank introduced the computer monitoring system last week, but faced a staff backlash, reported
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details