Green parties have made strong gains in Switzerland's parliamentary election, according to initial projections.
Barcelona's Sagrada Familia church - one of the city's main tourist attractions - has shut down because of protesters blocking its entrance.
The 67-year-old father of a family found living in a secret room on an isolated Dutch farm has been arrested.
The president of Spain's Catalonia region has called for an immediate halt to violence, as protests continued into a fourth day.
The Vatican is hoping to pull in tech-savvy youngsters with the launch of an "eRosary" bracelet. The gadget, which costs $109 (£85),
Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is set to back Bernie Sanders as the Democrat to take on Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election.
Parcel firm Hermes has halted work at a depot in eastern Germany after two male workers died within hours of each other and a third was taken ill.
Thousands of people in Catalonia have rallied in support of the region's independence from Spain for a second day, leading to clashes with police.
Five French women have been sentenced to between five and 30 years in jail for trying to detonate a car bomb near Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris in 2016.
A family who spent nine years in a basement "waiting for the end of time" have been discovered by police in the Netherlands after the eldest son turned up at a local pub, reports say.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details