Police in Dublin have been given a further 24 hours to question an Irish citizen who became an Islamic State bride.
Russia can designate independent journalists and bloggers as "foreign agents" after amending a controversial law.
Rescuers are scrambling to save thousands of sheep trapped after a large cargo ship overturned in the Black Sea off the coast of Romania.
Burglars have stolen three diamond jewellery sets from one of Europe's largest treasure collections - the Dresden Green Vault in eastern Germany.
A man has been arrested in connection with the deaths of 39 people found in the back of a lorry in Essex.
A Spanish court has called budget airline Ryanair's policy of charging a fee for hand luggage "excessive" after a passenger was fined for taking a carry-on bag without a special ticket.
The passenger was forced to pay a €20 (£17) fine to bring her 10kg luggage on board.
Ukraine has accused Russia of removing weapons and equipment - including toilets - from navy boats it returned after seizing them in the Black Sea.
The son of former German President Richard von Weizsäcker has been stabbed to death at a Berlin hospital.
A Maltese businessman has been arrested as part of the investigation into the murder of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia two years ago.
Europe is in danger of creating a "lost generation" of young refugees who have fled war and persecution in their countries, the EU's rights agency says.
Stay Connected with
- US threatens tax on champagne and French cheese 0 Comment Details
- General election 2019: Boris Johnson launching Welsh manifesto 0 Comment Details
- Frozen 2 rakes in $350 million worldwide on box office debut 0 Comment Details
- General election 2019: Brexit Party pledges 'political revolution' 0 Comment Details
- Victoria's Secret cancels fashion show amid ratings drop 0 Comment Details
- General election 2019: Labour launches 'radical' manifesto 0 Comment Details