An attack on motorists in the western town of Limburg is being investigated as terrorism, security sources have told German media.
A patient is being tested for a possible case of the Ebola virus at a hospital in Malmo in southern Sweden.
Signs of Islamist radicalisation ought to trigger an "automatic alert", the French interior minister has said, deploring "failings" which allowed a knifeman to kill four of his police colleagues last week.
A large tulip sculpture in Paris in tribute to the victims of the 2015 attacks in the city has been criticised for looking more like marshmallows - or even unsightly parts of human anatomy.
An Antonov-12 transport plane crash-landed near Lviv airport in western Ukraine early on Friday, killing at least five people.
The wife of a police employee who killed four colleagues at the Paris force's HQ says he had a psychotic episode, was incoherent and heard voices the night before, reports say.
Around half a million indebted Polish homeowners have won their fight to be freed from crippling Swiss franc mortgages.
Hundreds of Ukrainians have protested after President Volodymyr Zelensky said he had backed an agreement that would bring elections to territory controlled by Russian-backed separatists.
One person has died and 10 have been wounded in a violent attack at a vocational college in the Finnish city of Kuopio, police say.
A deadline for Jews living outside Spain to request Spanish nationality has expired with 127,000 applications, most of them from Latin America.
Stay Connected with
- Renault ousts chief executive Thierry Bolloré in 'coup' 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: EU gives go-ahead for 'more intense' talks 0 Comment Details
- Extinction Rebellion: PM labels protesters 'unco-operative crusties' 0 Comment Details
- No-deal Brexit would push UK debt to 50-year high, says think tank 0 Comment Details
- Unilever to cut plastic use to appeal to Gen Z 0 Comment Details
- Macron: EU Brexit deal decision 'at end of week' 0 Comment Details