Nasa believes it has fixed a malfunction with the Hubble telescope which threatened to limit the orbiting observatory's performance.
Earlier this month, one of Hubble's gyros - needed to point the spacecraft - failed, forcing controllers to place the telescope in "safe mode" - where it operates with
Scientists have investigated the calls of giant pandas - and it's not good news for animals seeking a date.
Pandas can identify each other from their sheep-like bleats at a distance of up to 20 metres, research found.
It's taken a little longer than expected but the Solar Orbiter probe is built and ready to begin testing.
UK engineers are putting the finishing touches to the satellite this week before sending it to Germany to begin a year-long test campaign.
Prehistoric humans are under suspicion of wiping out the largest birds that ever lived after fossilised bones were discovered with telltale cut marks.
According to scientists, it's evidence that the elephant birds of Madagascar were hunted
They're all around us, in the soil, our bodies and the air, but are often too small to be seen with the naked eye.
They provide medicines and food but also wreak havoc by causing plant and animal diseases.
Installing huge numbers of solar panels and wind turbines in the Sahara desert would have a major impact on rainfall, vegetation and temperatures, researchers say.
They found that the actions of wind turbines would double the amount of rain
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details