Britain's countryside will be transformed by policies to combat climate change, the government's former chief environment scientist says.
Professor Sir Ian Boyd said climate policies after Brexit will alter the landscape more than most people expect.
Millions more people will be at risk of coastal flooding from climate-driven sea-level rise later this century.
That's the conclusion of new research conducted by Climate Central, a US-based non-profit news organisation.
Scientists have pinpointed the homeland of all humans alive today to a region south of the Zambezi River.
The area is now dominated by salt pans, but was once home to an enormous lake, which may
The first global atlas of earthworms has been compiled, based on surveys at 7,000 sites in 56 countries.
The findings will help protect the hundreds of different earthworm species found on all continents except Antarctica.
Jeff Bezos has announced the formation of a "national team" that will aim to build the lander that will take astronauts back to the Moon in 2024.
Bezos' space company Blue Origin has teamed up with aerospace giants Lockheed Martin,
Peatlands are a natural carbon sink, absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere and burying it in the soil.
In Europe alone, they lock up about five times more carbon than forests.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details