London's Kew Gardens is to reopen its Temperate House - the world's largest Victorian glasshouse - after a five-year restoration.
For the first time in its history, the Grade I-listed structure was "stripped back to bare metal" and modernised.
Take time to smell the roses, the saying goes, and, according to scientists, the fragrant flowers could smell even sweeter in the future.
For the first time researchers have deciphered the full genetic "book" of this most prized of plants.
It is going to be one of the biggest projects ever undertaken in Antarctica.
UK and US scientists will lead a five-year effort to examine the stability of the mighty Thwaites
Member states have voted in favour of an almost complete ban on the use of neonicotinoid insecticides across the EU.
Scientific studies have long linked their use to the decline of honeybees,
Record levels of microplastics have been found trapped inside sea ice floating in the Arctic.
Ice cores gathered across the Arctic Ocean reveal microplastics at concentrations two to three times higher than previously recorded.
Closing the gender gap in physics will take hundreds of years, given the current rate of progress.
That's the finding of research analysing the names of authors listed on millions of scientific papers.
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details