US space agency Nasa has delayed its mission to send a satellite closer to the Sun than any before.
The Parker Solar Probe was set to launch from Cape Canaveral, Florida on Saturday,
Researchers in the Highlands of Scotland are giving farmed salmon feed made from genetically modified crops.
The aim of the scientific trial is to increase the nutritional value of the fish.
2017 was the fifth warmest year in the UK climate record that stretches back to 1910 according to a new analysis from the Met Office.
Their State of the Climate Report says that nine of the ten warmest years
Skywatchers will be treated to the longest "blood moon" eclipse of the 21st Century on Friday.
As it rises, during this total eclipse, Earth's natural satellite will turn a striking shade of red or ruddy brown.
Genetic material from a large whale killed off the coast of Iceland has confirmed the creature was a rare hybrid.
Campaigners had been concerned that the slaughtered animal was a protected blue whale,
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details