UK scientists say the recent fires in Australia are a taste of what the world will experience as temperatures rise.
Prof Richard Betts from the Met Office Hadley Centre said we are "seeing a sign of what would
California's SpaceX company says it will work constructively with the scientific community to fix the brightness of its satellites.
The firm has come under fire for the brilliance of its Starlink spacecraft, which are being
Finnish scientists producing a protein "from thin air" say it will compete with soya on price within the decade.
The protein is produced from soil bacteria fed on hydrogen split from water by electricity.
Scientists have observed gravitational waves emanating from the collision of two dense, dead stars.
It's the second time the international Ligo-Virgo collaboration of laser labs has picked up such a signal.
Astronomers are warning that their view of the Universe could be under threat.
From next week, a campaign to launch thousands of new satellites will begin in earnest, offering high-speed internet access from space.
Next year will continue the global warming trend with temperatures again likely to rise more than one degree above pre-industrial levels.
According to the Met Office, 2020 will likely be 1.11C warmer than the average between 1850-1900,
Stay Connected with
- Brexit: There will be no automatic deportation for EU citizens - No 10 0 Comment Details
- CAA: Microsoft boss calls India's new citizenship law 'sad' 0 Comment Details
- Boris Johnson: Replace Iran nuclear plan with 'Trump deal', says PM 0 Comment Details
- Flybe boss 'focused' on turning airline around 0 Comment Details
- Labour leadership: Five candidates through as nominations close 0 Comment Details
- M&S sales squeezed as men shun skinny trousers 0 Comment Details