Increasingly frequent marine heatwaves can lead to the almost instant death of corals, scientists working on the Great Barrier Reef have found.
These episodes of unusually high water temperatures are - like heatwaves on land
Switching to a plant-based diet can help fight climate change, UN experts have said.
A major report on land use and climate change says the West's high consumption of meat and dairy produce is
Europe has launched the second satellite in its space laser telecommunications network.
It will use optical beams to pull pictures and data from other spacecraft and then speed that information to the
The impoverished African nation of Burundi comes top of a list of the world's most food-insecure countries says Christian Aid.
The charity argues that Burundi and others are now keenly feeling the impacts of climate change on their food
Scientists are to deliver a stark condemnation of the damage being done to the land surface of the planet.
Human activities have led to the degrading of soils, expanded deserts, felled forests, driven out wildlife, and
The searing July heatwave that hit Europe last week was made both more likely and more intense by human-induced climate change, scientists say.
A rapid attribution study says that heating added up to 3C to the intensity of the event that scorched the UK,
Stay Connected with
- Boris Johnson accuser loses appeal to take '£350m claim' to Supreme Court 0 Comment Details
- German economy slips back into negative growth 0 Comment Details
- Argentine markets and peso plunge after shock vote 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Ministers expect no-deal challenge next month 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: Corbyn seeks clarity on 'unconstitutional' election-time no-deal 0 Comment Details
- Goldman bosses charged in Malaysia bond scandal 0 Comment Details