Three scientists have been awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in Physics for "ground-breaking" discoveries about the Universe.
James Peebles, Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz were announced as this year's winners at a ceremony in
At least one in five vertebrate species on Earth are bought and sold on the wildlife market, according to a study.
Scientists from universities in the US and UK, who jointly analysed data collated on a range of species,
There are 1.85 billion, billion tonnes of carbon on Earth, with more than 99% of it resident beneath our feet.
Scientists from the Deep Carbon Observatory (DCO) project have spent 10 years assessing the
The American entrepreneur Elon Musk has given a further update on his Starship and Super Heavy rocket system.
He plans to use the new vehicles to send people to the Moon and Mars, and also to move them swiftly around the Earth.
A newly-identified amphibian is possibly the largest on the planet, according to DNA from museum specimens.
Reaching nearly two metres in length, the South China giant salamander is critically endangered in the wild.
Stay Connected with
- Renault ousts chief executive Thierry Bolloré in 'coup' 0 Comment Details
- Brexit: EU gives go-ahead for 'more intense' talks 0 Comment Details
- Extinction Rebellion: PM labels protesters 'unco-operative crusties' 0 Comment Details
- No-deal Brexit would push UK debt to 50-year high, says think tank 0 Comment Details
- Unilever to cut plastic use to appeal to Gen Z 0 Comment Details
- Macron: EU Brexit deal decision 'at end of week' 0 Comment Details