England, Scotland and Wales are in talks with football's world governing body about the issue of poppies on players' shirts to mark Armistice Day.
England play Scotland in a World Cup qualifier at Wembley on 11 November, the day
Gareth Bale has admitted to having had a "difficult journey" at Real Madrid after signing a new six-year contract.
The 27-year-old Wales forward was heavily criticised in his second season at Real, but bounced
Cristiano Ronaldo should be named the world's best player ahead of Lionel Messi despite his faltering form for Real Madrid, says Zinedine Zidane.
Ronaldo, 31, is one of the favourites to win the Ballon d'Or after helping Portugal win Euro 2016.
England's next manager will "not just be a mercenary for short term gain", says Football Association chief executive Martin Glenn.
In the last 20 years, only Roy Hodgson and Sven-Goran Eriksson have managed England through three tournaments.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is expected to make changes for the EFL Cup fourth-round tie against Reading.Written by Euronews24
Youngsters Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Rob Holding, Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Chuba Akpom could all feature alongside £17.1m forward Lucas Perez, but Granit Xhaka is suspended.
Reading travel to the Emirates after ending their four-game winless run
Wales forward Gareth Bale and Real Madrid team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo are on the shortlist for the 2016 Ballon d'Or award for the world's best player.
Manchester City pair Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne,
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details