Pete Buttigieg and Bernie Sanders are leading in the first vote to choose the Democratic candidate to run against President Donald Trump in November's election.
Twenty-six people have been killed and dozens more trapped after a second avalanche struck a mountainside in Turkey, officials say.
Nine people, including at least four boys aged under 18, have been shot dead in an amusement arcade in the city of Uruapan in western Mexico.
Iran's top court has confirmed a death sentence for a man convicted of spying for the CIA. Amir Rahimpour "earned a lot of money" to pass on information
The number of homeless students in the US is the highest in over a decade according to a new study. Most of the 1.5 million homeless schoolchildren stayed
Results from voting in Iowa, the first round in the contest to pick a Democratic candidate to face President Donald Trump, have been plunged into chaos by apparent technology issues.
The first event that will help decide the candidates for US president is to take place with Monday's Iowa caucuses. Democratic and Republican voters will choose their preferred nominees for the White House race.
Italian police have handed out 162 fines in less than three hours to people ignoring a driving ban in Milan. The temporary ban started at 10:00 local time (09:00 GMT) and will last until the early evening in an attempt to curb the city's smog
Six Turkish soldiers have been killed and nine wounded in shelling by Syrian government forces in Syria's north-western Idlib province, Turkey said. It said up to 35 Syrian troops had been killed in retaliatory fire.
Police have been searching the London hostel where the Streatham attacker is believed to have been living. Sudesh Amman, 20, was shot dead by police on Streatham High Road after stabbing people in what police called an Islamist-related
Stay Connected with
- Post-Brexit talks: We'll find out what's going on, TUC boss warns PM 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Shares face worst week since global financial crisis 0 Comment Details
- Post-Brexit talks: UK prepared to walk away in June if no progress 0 Comment Details
- Climate campaigners win Heathrow expansion case 0 Comment Details
- Coronavirus: Global shares fall for fifth day in a row 0 Comment Details
- Budget 2020: Chancellor must raise taxes in first Budget, says IFS 0 Comment Details